Monday, September 12, 2011
My Chi is apparently in line
It is crazy how some days everything ties together. This morning I had Book of Mormon class, genetics and cognitive psychology; all very different subjects. But in each of the classes they mentioned the same thing, the Greek letter Chi (X). In BofM we were discussing the form of chiasmus in Alma 36 and how it is another testament to the truthfulness of the book because there is no way the illiterate Joseph Smith could have known about and how to use the common ancient Hebrew method of writing. My teacher made sure to point out that (Chi)asmus refers to the shape of the writing which is like a letter X but also has a link to Christ and the cross. I then went to genetics were we were learning about individual assortment and the analysis we could perform to see if the genes were linked. The analysis we use to find the probability is the Chi-square analysis. In the equation we were given it was written X^2=, so my teacher had to emphasis that we are not taking the square root of x, it is just in reference to the name of the analysis Chi. I then went to my cognition class and we were talking about vision. We did a brief overview of the anatomy and my teacher pointed out the optic chiasm which is were your optic nerves cross and so it forms the shape of an X, giving it the name. I thought it was weird how all three of my morning classes mentioned Chi and that the spelling Chi also references everything in life being in line and having a flow of energy. Maybe I am doing something right.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment