Monday, September 2, 2013

Sometimes I cook but not do the dishes

James got home from camp on Saturday and after a not so fun week at work I was glad to have my husband home. He knows just what to say to calm me and ease my rants he also does the dishes, my goal for life is to become good at doing dishes in a timely manner but it might take a lifetime because I really don't like dishes. He made steak while he was at camp and I was a little jealous so I was planning on buying some steaks to cook up but out of the 4 times I went to the grocery store during the weekend I woke up Sunday and remembered that I had forgot to buy steak, so we had chicken instead. I looked up a marinade on allrecipes http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Marinade-for-Chicken/Detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e11=chicken%20marinade&e8=Quick%20Search&event10=1&e7=Recipe and put the chicken in to marinade before church. It turned out great, we used a cuisanart that we got for our wedding it has been sitting on top of our cabinets collecting dust because I didn't know what to use it for and I thought it might be hard to clean, I won't make that mistake again it is so easy to clean with removable plates, works as a panini maker, grill, or griddle, has a great grease catcher and I like it so much better than the George foreman I used early on in college. just a note on the recipe I didn't have parsley on hand so a put in a tiny bit of rosemary, I didn't want it to be an overwhelming flavor. I also made some bacon cheese mashed potatoes http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/kicked-up-bacon-cheese-mashed-potatoes-recipe2/index.html and caprese garlic bread http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/caprese-garlic-bread/ both of which did not disappoint.




2 comments:

  1. You just need to adopt the mentality I have..."I cook, you clean". I make dinner every night and Zach does the dishes every night. It works great for us. We also do "I wash, you fold" with the laundry.

    ReplyDelete