I love the Christmas season because of the amazing music, the beautifully lights, and the fun times with friends and FAMILY, but most of all I love celebrating my Savior. I love the emphasis on Christlike Charity and the acts of service that people perform. Today I watched a new Mormon message based on a story of Heber J. Grant's childhood.
It's short and has no words but tears started to build up in my eyes, the kindness seen in this video reminded me of one of my favorite Christmas stories, Aaron's Christmas Tree. My family has read this story every Christmas I can remember, I'm pretty sure it's one of my Mom's favorites and that's how I learned to love it. If you have never read it, I encourage you to do so. Even after reading it every Christmas, I cry when I read it, also something I think I learned from my Mom.
I am severely lacking when it comes to having Charity towards and serving those around me. I never feel like I know how to help people and so I don't, I have also ignored many promptings to help people because I am to self conscious of myself. I hope that as I go through this Christmas season, I will find those people that need their day brightened and that I can be the person to brighten their day.
No comments:
Post a Comment